Senior Moving Services
Senior Moving Solutions
Darling Solutions is proud to offer our own moving services, using our own trucks and team! We feel that there is a certain sensitivity required when providing senior moving services, and we recognize that our services reduce stress and ease the transition into a new dwelling. Our entire team does their best to provide a red-carpet moving experience!
There is no extra charge for disassembly and reassembly of furniture, picture hanging, flights of stairs — our price is one hourly price, no hidden surprises. We charge from when our truck leaves the warehouse until it returns and we track time to the quarter hour, so your invoice is as accurate as possible.
Our moving trucks come prepared with all the necessary supplies, including: moving blankets, stretch wrap, floor runners, picture boxes, wardrobe boxes (for hanging clothes), tools for disassembly and reassembly of furniture, and more!
- Provide an in-person consultation for large moves, or a phone/ email (pictures welcomed!) consultation for smaller moves. Once the consultation is complete, we’ll present you with our service proposal and estimate.
- Establish dates and timelines for your move.
- Plan and orchestrate the entire move, including reserving elevators at each end.
- Email you a detailed move plan, including dates and times, so that you have all the information you need written down in one place. We can send it to your family too, if you wish!
- On moving day, our team will pack hanging clothes, large artwork, and lampshades.
- Stretch-wrap and/or blanket furniture to ensure safe arrival
- Supply wardrobe and picture boxes at no extra cost (though you may purchase them should you wish to keep them)
- Professional moving team will wrap and protect your furniture before bringing it to your new home
- Arrange furniture under your guidance in your new home, so that you aren’t left to move it once we have departed for the day
- Minimize the stress that comes with moving day
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in your moving services?
Our moving services are one hourly price, with no hidden fees. Our moving team will pack any large artwork in picture boxes, hanging clothing in wardrobe boxes, and lamps and shades in boxes or bins as appropriate.
The team will use moving blankets and stretch wrap to wrap and protect furniture before loading the truck. If there is furniture to be dissembled or reassembled, they will make every effort to accommodate provided that it is not overly complex or dangerous; please note that we will take wall-mounted televisions off the wall, but we do not remount TVs.
Once the truck is loaded, they will proceed to your new home, unload furniture, and then unwrap and arrange it where you want it.
What supplies are on your moving truck?
Our moving trucks come stocked with basic supplies, including: tools, stretch wrap, moving blankets, moving dollies, bungee cords to secure furniture and boxes, straps for exceptionally heavy items. We also come equipped with tape gun and packing tape, mattress bags, picture boxes, wardrobe boxes (for hanging clothes!), and an assortment of boxes.