Professional Estate Services
Estate services involve dealing with the contents remaining in a house, when the prior inhabitant will not be returning to the house. This can be due to a death, or a lack of time or desire to address the remaining house contents after a move.
We understand that it is not always possible for you to be there while the estate is settled, for a wide variety of reasons – it’s okay. We also understand and support you if you want to be an active participant in settling the estate, and we are here to provide support and guidance regardless of how involved you are able to be.
There are many arrangements to be made, and dealing with the house and contents can be overwhelming to think about. It’s an understatement to say that it is extra challenging when a loved one has passed.
Darling Solutions can provide families, trustees, and executors with an individualized, comprehensive, and complete plan to settle an estate property. This can be a difficult and emotional time and we will personally attend to coordinating and overseeing every aspect of the closure. We have assisted with many Ottawa estate services, and our team is professional, competent, and reliable.
We have the knowledge and experience needed to sort through household contents and distribute them appropriately. Allow us the honour of helping with all aspects of the estate settlement process.
ConsultationCustomized estimate and service proposal
- Provide an in-person consultation, or a phone/ email consultation (pictures welcomed!).
- Establish dates and timelines for your service.
- After the consultation, we’ll present you with our service proposal and estimate.
- Contact us if you wish to move forward with our proposal, and we'll take it from there!
CommunicationPlanning and clear communications
- Confirm dates and timelines for your service, and book confirmed dates in our calendar.
- Plan and orchestrate the entire service, including reserving elevators and referring or coordinating outside services as required.
- Email you a detailed service plan, including dates and times, so that you have all the information you need written down in one place.
- Respond to your calls and emails, and answer any questions you may have.
- Provide an invoice by email, after your service is complete.
ServiceProvided by our own trucks and team
- Bring required supplies to complete your service.
- Sort and pack household contents for family and friends, sale, donation, shredding, recycling, disposal, and hazardous waste.
- Coordinate removal and delivery of items for family and friends, sale, donation, shredding, recycling, disposal, and hazardous waste.
- Coordinate and deliver any contents to be shipped.
- Schedule and oversee the services of appraiser, auctioneer and consignment specialists (if required).
- Arrange contractor referrals and supervise work.
- Provide light cleaning, or referrals for deep cleaning services.
- Stage the house with existing contents to minimize market time, maximize asking price and attract potential buyers.
- Refer a reputable real estate agent, and coordinate with them as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
To use our FAQ, click on a question and it will open to reveal the answer. More questions? Click here to go to our comprehensive FAQ!
No, not at all! Darling Solutions often helps people who are clearing out their remaining house contents once they’ve already moved.
No, and we understand that it isn’t always possible to be on location with our team. If you are able to label items or provide a list for items that are meant to go to a specific place, that’s definitely very helpful!
Our team is very experienced in sorting through Estates, and we can make decisions on your behalf for what to do with the remaining house contents. If something looks important, we can set it aside to ask you before it is removed from the house.
Have you seen our FAQ?
Not seeing what you want to know? Ask us - we might even add it to our FAQ!
Have you seen our blog?
Not seeing what you want to know? Ask us - we might even write a post about it!
What your friends Say
The team knew where to park and the layout of both buildings – again good research. And although I was not present for the off loading it went smoothly as well. All of the team showed expertise and an understanding of the complexities of dealing with elderly people and their families.
We would definitely recommend them!
This in my opinion is service the way it’s supposed to be. I love you all thank you so so much
I would definitely recommend Darling Solutions for your moving needs.
Kelly's team displayed the same mindfulness, caring and compassion on the job as she did during the initial consult. We are grateful to your company for helping us through this. Thank you
I highly recommend Darling Solutions to anyone.
Again, we could not have done it without them! From decluttering and packing our condo to moving and setting us up in our new home, every member of the team was hardworking, helpful, warm and extremely competent. Their attention to detail in setting up our new place was remarkable. Honourable mention to the whole team: Kelly, Shawn, Ian, Phyllis, Barb M., Barb Y. Jack, Susan, Glen and Paul. Barb M., our team leader, and Ruth, in the office, were particularly good at calming a nervous client.
We recommend Darling Solutions without reservation. We can’t thank them enough.
Marj and Weldon
Adding COVID into the mix it was almost paralysing to think about. After a recommendation to Contact Darling most of that fear went away.
Professional, competent and most importantly Caring.
They made this move so smooth for my wife and her parents.
On moving day they left their old home and at the end of the day arrived in a new home with all their belongings unpacked and arranged. Completely stress and back pain free. The next day Darling took care of removing items targeted for donation and all remaining items for waste.
I cannot recommend this service enough.
Thank you so much.
Frankly thank-you does not even cover it. Your team, led by Julie, was absolutely incredible from the first moment we met down to the beautiful new plant for my mom and our goodbyes at the door.
They were so organized, thoughtful, friendly and polite. It was a sincere pleasure to work with all of them. I enjoyed the experience so much I am almost sad that the move is finished but happy that we will meet again when my parents are ready to hang their many pictures.
Again, I am in awe and am telling anyone with ears about Darling Solutions so they will hopefully in turn tell their friends and family.
Very best regards and please send our thanks once again to your team.