Professional Estate Planning
It’s an understatement to say that it is challenging when a loved one passes. There are many arrangements to be made, and dealing with their house can be overwhelming to think about.
Darling Solutions can provide families, trustees, and executors with an individualized, comprehensive, and complete plan to settle an estate property. This can be a difficult and emotional time and we will personally attend to coordinating and overseeing every aspect of the closure.
We understand that it is not always possible for you to be there while the estate is settled, for a wide variety of reasons – it’s okay. We also understand and support you if you want to be an active participant in settling the estate, and we are here to provide support and guidance regardless of how involved you are able to be.
We have the knowledge and experience needed to sort through household contents and distribute them appropriately. Allow us the honour of helping with all aspects of the estate settlement process.
- Arrange a free, in-home consultation to discuss the scope of work to be completed, as well as your goals for the house and contents. At the end of the consultation, we’ll provide you with a detailed service proposal which includes our estimate for the proposed services.
- Establish dates and timelines for the services.
- Plan and orchestrate the entire services, including reserving elevators (if required), providing referrals, and more.
- Email you a detailed service plan, including dates and times, so that you have all the information you need written down in one place.
- Sort and pack household contents for family and friends, sale, donation, shredding, recycling, and disposal
- Schedule and oversee the services of appraiser, auctioneer and consignment specialists (if required)
- Coordinate removal and delivery of items for family and friends, sale, donation, shredding, recycling, and disposal
- Arrange and deliver any contents to be shipped
- Refer a reputable real estate agent, and coordinate with them as needed
- Arrange contractor referrals and supervise work
- Provide light cleaning, or referrals for deep cleaning services
- Stage the house to minimize market time, maximize asking price and attract potential buyers
Frequently Asked Questions
Are estate services only for when people have passed away?
No, not at all! Darling Solutions often helps people who are clearing out their remaining house contents once they’ve already moved.
Do I have to be there for Estate Services?
No, and we understand that it isn’t always possible to be on location with our team. If you are able to label items or provide a list for items that are meant to go to a specific place, that’s definitely very helpful!
Our team is very experienced in sorting through Estates, and we can make decisions on your behalf for what to do with the remaining house contents. If something looks important, we can set it aside to ask you before it is removed from the house.