Is Darling Solutions still open?
Yes, we are still providing services at this time, because moving services are classified as an essential business. We have adjusted our internal policies and procedures to keep our team and clients as safe as possible given the circumstances. We are operating with a smaller team, to protect our more vulnerable team members.
What steps are you taking to protect clients and staff during COVID-19?
Darling Solutions has implemented a number of procedures with the intention of keeping our clients and team safe. Our management team monitors COVID-19 updates, and we adjust our procedures as a result to ensure we are providing our team with the most up-to-date information and safety measures. We support our team members; some are comfortable working, and others have taken a step back to protect themselves or their loved ones at a high-risk for COVID-19. Nobody will be penalized for keeping themselves safe.
What are your safety protocols, and will they impact my service?
Our current safety protocols should not drastically impact your service, but they do take a small amount of time. This is in the interest of keeping both clients and our team safe. The entire Darling Solutions team complies with building and/or retirement home policies on arrival to check-in and complete a questionnaire and temperature check prior to entry, and again on exit.
Our current safety procedures include:
- No team member comes to work if they feel unwell! We will make other arrangements to staff the service, or postpone.
- Our team has hand sanitizer and/or hand soap, disposable gloves, disposable face masks, cloth face masks and filters, and sanitizing wipes available for their use.
- We are practicing physical distance as much as possible on job sites, in our moving trucks, and on elevators.
- No physical contact with clients, including handshakes
- When possible, our team will set up a “sanitation station” on client sites with hand soap or sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Masks are required PPE in all indoor spaces, and when additional PPE is required in retirement or long-term care homes we are happy to comply!
- We disinfect daily, including moving truck handles and steering wheels, packing kits, and warehouse door/ light switches.
- Our warehouse notice board includes an infographic from the Government of Canada on proper hand washing technique, as well as a summary of information on COVID-19 transmission and symptoms.
- We are postponing services in buildings currently undergoing an outbreak of COVID-19. We will reschedule with these clients once the outbreak is over.